Temple Hills is a retreat facility located on 120 acres of secluded woodland. Temple Hills was created to provide retreat and family camping facilities that allow for growth and spiritual development. These facilities are supported by Methodist Temple UMC. Your use should re ect an understanding of Christian stewardship and care.It features a rustic retreat lodge, lake, campground, and recreational facilities.
Situated in a forested area near Lynnville, Indiana, Temple Hills is just an hour drive from Evansville. Click here for a map to Temple Hills
• Pets must be kept on a leash at all times and cleaned up after.
• Stay on Temple Hills property (see map in retreat center if boundaries are unclear).
• All swimmers swim at their own risk. Swim only in the designated area at the end of the lake closest to the retreat center and only in the presence of an adult capable of serving as a lifeguard. NEVER SWIM ALONE. Swimming is permitted for Memorial Day to Labor day only.
• There is a telephone at the caretaker’s house for emergencies. No long distance calls permitted.
• A doctor and hospital is available in Jasper IN (20-30 min away).
• No standing trees, dead or alive, are to be cut. Down timber may be cut for camp res or replace use. Fires are to be built only in marked re pits.
• NO FIREARMS or ILLEGAL FIREWORKS are permitted on Temple Hills property.
• NO ALCOHOL or DRUGS are allowed at Temple Hills. All group leaders are expected to enforce this with their groups.
• Hikers and swimmers without an overnight camping permit may not stay past sundown.
• All visitors should collect all trash and either take it with them as they leave or deposit it in the dumpster located near the grounds entrance.
• All youth groups must be properly chaperones. At least two adults are required to attend groups numbering more than 10 persons.
$3 - Entry for hiking and shing
$5 - Swimming
$10 - Camping (tents)
$17 - RV’S - Campers
• Fully stocked 3 acre lake for fishing or swimming
• Volleyball, basketball and softball areas
• Outdoor worship center by lake
• Two large dorm rooms with 25 beds each -- sleeps 50 people
• Six shower and bathroom facili- ties inside the lodge
• For groups of 25 or less: $150 per 24 hr. period
• For groups of 26 or more: $175 per 24 hr. period
• For any sized group: $700 for 7 consecutive days • Security/Damage deposit: $150
It is understood that all activities at Temple Hills will be undertaken at each persons own risk and that Temple Hills and Methodist Temple will not be held liable for any accidents or stolen property occurring on Temple Hills property.